DILOFO | Main activities | Continent
DILOFO is a mountainous village of Ioannina Prefecture and belongs to the group of Zagoria villages of Epirus. It is built at an altitude of 1,000 meters on the slopes of Tymfi. It belongs to the municipality of Central Zagoria and the population according to the 2001 census is 39 residents, who engaged in farming and tourism. It is 32 kilometers from Ioannina. The ban cars crossing through the village has significantly helped to maintain the traditional character of the Central Zagoria.
The former name of the village until 1920 was Sopetseli, a name which in Slavic and Vlach means "place of many waters".
DILOFO is among the best preserved villages of Zagoria.
The sights include stone fountains, cobbled streets, small churches and mansions.
The settlement dates from 540, when the Slavs invaded the continent and its inhabitants Pitourniou moved to the area where the village now stands.
The nearest airport is the city of Ioannina.
Once visit mainland Greece by ship, the nearest port is in Igoumenitsa.
From the city of Ioannina, there are regular services to the KTEL Ioannina.
Via Egnatia Odos you can come in Ioannina and then follow direction Konitsa - Zagoria.